Sunday 16 February 2014

My 1st 'Love Me Beauty Box'


 




This post again is a very late in being published and it was only the other day when I received my January box that I remembered I hadn't posted my December box...woops.
If you read one of my previous posts 'Out with the Auld & In with the New', you will have seen that I would like to try new things this year and was looking to subscribe to a beauty box of some sort. After posting I received an email from 'Love Me Beauty Box' informing me that if I was to subscribe before the 5th January I would receive my 1st beauty box for half price...bargain! I couldn't pass up on that deal, a beauty box usually £10 +p&p only £5 +p&p so I subscribed. I wasn't 100% sure on how it worked but I chose box 2 which I was then told it was out of stock so ordered no.3 which was a surprise of 3 full sized products and 2sample sizes. A few days later my little box arrived and I was excited to see what was inside. When I opened it I realised it was the products in box 2 that I actually got, I don't know if this is because maybe they got more in and because I had initially chosen box 2 I got it or if box 3 is a lucky dip of 1 or 2, I haven't grasped that part.(help anyone?). Anyways although I ordered the box in January it was actually the end of the Christmas ones so this box is actually the December box.

Here is what I got...
Lord & Berry Intensity Lipstick in 'Glazed Pink' (Full Size RRP £12)
This lipstick is enriched with macadamia oil (which gives off a lovely smell) and waterlily extracts to help keep your lips hydrated and smooth. It melts into your lips for long lasting colour and with it being a satin finish it is great for everyday wear or paired with a dark eye make up for a night on the town. The packaging has been kept very simple but good quality and isn't lightweight, cheap and nasty. When I swatted it colour on my had I seemed to look slightly different in certain lights, daylight can make it look very pinky but in the shade/shadow it has a more bronzy/golden appearance. I don't own very many pale pink based lippy's, I am more a nude or vibrant red so I am looking forward to using this more for a more.

Lord & Berry Kiss Proof Lip Liner in 'Romantica' (Full Size RRP £7.50)
It is enriched with macadamia oil and waterlily just like the lipstick and has a water-proof formula which creates long-lasting lines or can be used as a lipstick itself. This pencil is easy to glide on and sets within 30seconds to a matte finish. This is too dark I feel personally to be used with the Lord & Berry lipstick but I'm sure I'll be able to wear it somehow maybe all over my lips with a nice glossing on top.

Headline Colours Nail Polish in 'Quicksand' (Full Size 10ml RRP £9)
Describes as a smooth light chocolate nude.The salon approved Healine Colours formula boasts a high colour pigment for a rich, intense colour and gloss, plus UV absorbers for staying power. I s allows nails to flex without colour chipping or flaking and also resistant to detergents. I personally would describe it more to be a dark beige nude but still very nice on, easy to wear with any outfit however because I am so addicted to 'Shellac' I think my mum has her eye on it.

Matriskin Vitamin C Serum (Sample Size 7.3ml-£13.71  RRP £56.35 30ml)
French skincare line Matriskin take high performance skincare to another level with dramatic effects. It is renowned for it's repairing and restructuring properties which help to reduce spots and pigmentation for a natural, smoother finish. This serum may also be used to fight acne  due to its high antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits. This is really what made me chose this box as I have been suffering from pretty bad breakouts around my chin area and these have resulted in some pigmentation marks and scaring so I have been massaging a drop into the effected area every night after cleansing and toning my face then moisturising after. So far so good nothing bad has happened :).

Rodial Glamtox Night (Sample Size 15ml-£27  RRP £90 50ml)
A revolutionary night gel that helps against the visible signs of ageing, by smoothing the skin for a more youthful glow by retexturing the appearance of uneven skin tone and pore size as you sleep. It contains retinol microspheres and Vitamin C. Apply it in the evening after your normal skincare routine and then leave it to work it's magic while you sleep. I haven't used this yet but I have noticed a few larger pores appearing so we shall see how it goes.


             Box Value- £69.21 
Paid £7.95

 All in all I have quite liked my 1st 'Love Me Beauty Box' it allows me to use products I may have never heard of or I have been too expensive so the sample sizes are great to try the more high end products. Once I had subscribed and ordered my box I was excited to receive my little box of goodies. I have seen the box for January but I might hang off an extra day to Feb 6th and order the next box so roll on next month.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you all for your kind comments and support, please check back as I try to reply to everyone. love Claire ♥